Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Rape of the American Women. LEGITIMATE TRIGGER WARNING.

I have been writhing in emotional anguish over the most recent public attacks on women in America. I am appalled. Depressed. Confused. Shocked. Sick. Anxious. Why do I know these feelings? When have I felt this before?... oh wait.

This is what you want isn't it, old boys? To terrify women? To make us feel vulnerable? To get us to submit to you against our will so you won't hurt us more? Now I remember.

You want to crush us with your weight, forcing your values on us, promising you know what's best.

You want to finish and then whisper creepily into our ears that everything is as God intended.

You want to let everyone know that we really wanted it. Shame us into not telling anyone.

You'll try to stop us from learning how to protect ourselves so you can keep coming back for more.

You'll get a bunch of your buddies together and plan a sneak attack at our homes, in front of our families. You want to make us cry**. Humiliate. Make us weak. Incapacitate us so that we'll cede more and more control, more power to you, out of fear. Sound familiar? It does to me.

If the extreme right wing was a cock, American women would legitimately be getting raped by it. Over and over and over again.

Representatives Paul Ryan, Todd Akin, and Steve King, all co-sponsors of the "No Taxpayer Funding For Abortions Act" in 2011, all thought they could redefine rape (along with 220+ other co-sponsors). Why? Because they know exactly what "forcible rape" looks like. And they want to make you carry their babies to term... every 2 years.

If you or a loved one were beaten with a baseball bat, you wouldn't call broken legs a gift from God. You wouldn't call it an athletic injury. You wouldn't blame the victim for not wearing protective armor. You wouldn't make the victim try to walk around on broken legs. No. You'd do whatever you could to get that person's legs back in working order. And you wouldn't make her a criminal if she didn't work at the batting cages for nine months-eighteen years or more.

Rape isn't about sex or love or tiny blessings from God. Rape is about violence, power, and control--which I'm fairly certain is the entire basis for the Republican party platform.

Yeah, I know these feelings. For half my life I have battled these feelings. And I'll be damned if I spend the rest of my life doing the same.

I'm on to you, GOP. And I will legitimately knee you in the balls in November. How's that for a woman's body shutting that whole thing down?

**The video which was linked to above, via "You want to make us cry," was of an anti-choice protest ambush at the private home of Jenna Tosh, new CEO of PPGO. The title on the video, posted by the anti-choice group who ambushed her, was "Poor Baby! Why is Jenna Tosh crying?" I can only speculate that the video was flagged for hate-speech. I replaced the video link with one to an anti-choice blogger's page, describing the incident.


OurBodiesOurVotes.com





Please consider getting involved, educating yourself, or making a donation to the above organizations. Stop the ignorance. Stop the hate.

4 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. This whole thing makes me sick and as a survivor of domestic violence, I am all about showing the GOP just what women really think about all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a line up of women with their knees ready to 'rise to the occasion' to restrain the out-of-control balls of the GOP. 'Write on' m'lady, knowing you have an army of women with VERY strong legs & powerful knees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stuff. Also just a heads up that the video that you had the hyperlink to for "You want to make us cry" has been removed by Youtube; maybe an alternate version is available that you can link to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up. The video which was linked via "You want to make us cry," was of an anti-choice protest ambush at the private home of Jenna Tosh, new CEO of PPGO. The title on the video, posted by the anti-choice group who ambushed her, was "Poor Baby! Why is Jenna Tosh crying?" I can only speculate that the video was flagged for hate-speech. I replaced the video link with one to an anti-choice blogger's page, describing the incident.

      Delete